The Space Shuttle Era: Stories from 30 Years of Exploration
Air & Space magazine presents a celebration of the 30-year history of the U.S. Space Shuttle, which launched more people into space than any other spacecraft. Based on the popular print Collector’s Edition Space Shuttle 1981-2011, this digital version includes bonus interactive features, extra photographs, and multiple videos.
- Learn from the astronauts themselves what it was like to ride the shuttle into orbit and live and work in space
- Watch a unique time-lapse video of an orbiter being connected to its giant external fuel tank and boosters, moved to the pad, and launched
- See breathtaking photos of shuttle operations in orbit
- Find out how engineers overcame enormous challenges to invent the world’s first reusable space plane
- Read an essay about seeing the Earth from space by first U.S. woman astronaut Sally Ride