Air & Space app for iOS
Get the full content of Air & Space magazine on your iPhone and iPad, including every story, department, photo, and more. Download the app now!
Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine has been delighting aerospace enthusiasts with the best writing about their favorite subject since April 1986. As the magazine of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum, Air & Space matches the grand scope of the Museum, encompassing every era of aviation and space exploration.
- Relive the greatest adventures in aviation history.
- Catch up on the latest trends in space exploration from SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft to NASA’s Artemis missions to the moon.
- Learn about the latest in military aviation from the stealthy Lockheed Martin F-35 to the advanced Next Generation Bomber.
What is included in the Air & Space magazine digital edition?
The Air & Space magazine digital edition includes all the editorial content and photos from the current print issue of Air & Space magazine plus video, audio and interactive features.
Can I get only the digital edition of Air & Space magazine?
Yes, you can buy the digital edition without receiving the print edition by downloading the Air & Space magazine app from the Apple app store for your phone or tablet device and following the subscription instructions inside the app.
Where can I read the Air & Space magazine digital edition?
The Air & Space magazine digital edition is currently only available on the iPhone and iPad, but we expect to add more devices soon.
Will the app run on my smartphone?
Yes! Our Air & Space magazine digital edition is designed for iPhone with more devices coming soon.
Are old issues included in my subscription?
No. You will have access to any issues moving forward from the date you subscribed. Available digital issues start with the December 2011 issue and are available for additional purchase.
Do digital editions expire?
No, once you download an issue as part of your subscription or purchase, it's yours to keep.
Are all issues available on the iPad and iPhone?
All past issues are optimized for iPad only. Starting with our June/July 2020 issue and moving forward, all future issues will be optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Does my subscription auto-renew?
When purchasing a monthly or yearly subscription, your subscription will renew automatically unless you cancel. Single issues can also be purchased on an individual basis. and the issues are yours.
Existing Digital Subscribers
Do I have access to this edition if I am a print magazine subscriber?
At this time, access to this digital edition is a separate subscription and not included with your print magazine subscription.
How Do I Restore My Past Subscriptions & Purchases?
With any app update, if you are a current subscriber, you may need to restore your purchases.
- Open the Air & Space magazine app on your Apple iOS device.
- Tap the hamburger menu which is in the upper right and is represented by three horizontal bars.
- Tap the gear icon in the lower right on the hamburger menu, and click “Restore Purchases.”
You will be required to enter your iTunes username and password to authenticate. So long as you use your previous Apple login credentials, your purchases will restore and any existing subscriptions will continue.
How do I manage or cancel my subscription?
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Tap your name
- Tap subscriptions (if you don’t see “subscriptions,” tap “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap the subscription you want to manage.
- Tap cancel subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already cancelled and won’t renew.
For other cancellation options, please view the Apple Support website at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
I have a question not listed above. Who can I ask?
For general support requests, please email email@example.com.