Douglas C-47 Skytrain "Miss Virginia" (N47E) at the National Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center
The C-47 was one of the four “Tools of Victory” that Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower identified as the equipment that most contributed to the Allied victory in World War II. This C-47, Miss Virginia, is owned by Dynamic Aviation. It was built by Douglas Aircraft Company in 1943 and served with the U.S. Army until the 1950s. Then it was sent to the Oklahoma National Guard. Later it was returned to the Army, which used it as a test platform until 1966. Dynamic Aviation purchased the plane in 1990 and modified it for Gypsy Moth and Mosquito spraying operations. Dynamic Aviation retired the plane in 2000 and restored it in 2010.
Seen at the Smithsonian Institution National Air and Space Museum Fly-In to Victory Day: A Celebration of the End of World War II in Europe.