This B-25 (serial number 44-30734) was delivered to the U.S. Army Air Force in February, 1945. In April, 1945 it was sent to storage. It was retrieved from storage in 1948 and served in a variety of roles. In 1958 it was again put in storage and in 1949 is was made available for sale as surplus.
In the 1960s and 1970s the plane was used to fight forest fires, spray orange groves, and fight mosquitos. In 1978 the plane was in poor condition and was given to a museum, which closed shortly afterward. A restorer acquired the plane and by 1986 had restored it back to its Model J configuration. Seen at the 2017 Joint Base Andrews Air Show, held to honor the 70th anniversary of the founding of the U.S. Air Force.